Monetization models in podcasting, why a $40M investment was made in a subscription service, why public radio stations banded together to buy an open platform, an interview with Hilda Labrada Gore of the Wise Traditions podcast on how she crossed the 1 Million download milestone, and headlines from top news on podcasting and on-demand from Podnews…
- Consolidation in the podcast marketplace
- How Pocket Casts and Luminary Media are heading in opposite directions
- Luminary Media’s walled garden subscription approach
- Can a paywall protected podcast player succeed?
- How paywalls might be working in kids and comedy podcasts, going for rich and deep experience play
- Why advertising may not be the future of monetization for podcasts
- Advertisers counted on evergreen presence, but with programmatic advertising that ends up being taken away
- Mixcloud receives $11.5M, and what that means
- Accuracy in subscription-based platforms, splitting revenue stream up proportionally, how these are complex issues
- Major players skewing revenue results for smaller artists improperly diluted
- A lot of new money in the space, people seeing money on the wall, people throwing money at things that seem familiar
- Gimlet becoming more of a media company
- “Alex Inc.” TV show cancelled, how it is a commentary on actors vs. concept, seeing meta conversations about podcasting so not necessary play with wider audience, why the space may not be mature enough to have self reverential content
- Can anyone make a subscription model work for a $40M investment?
- How the cost of acquisition will climb